Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kahuku Sand Dunes 01/16/11

After being sick for 2 weeks and missing a lot of potential beautiful adventure days, the storms started coming in. We were suppose to do Kamaileunu ridge but Keoni being the weather guru, he opted for a coastal hike. He was right because it started storming Waianae side while we were on our adventure (it stayed sunny where we were at though lol). Anyways, this adventure was super fun and I'd do it again with a visiting friend. We started off at Turtle bay Resort and just walked along the coast towards Kahuku. I found beautiful shells and a blue fishing buoy! My dad collected these things since I can remember and we hang them from our trees in our yard :)
There's a lot of beauty here and I hope they NEVER build an effing hotel there. We ended our adventure after cruising at a large tide pool and ventured back to my truck. Overall, the unique beauty of the Kahuku Sand Dunes as well as the ocean side was well worth it.

the beginning

turtle bay

we walked super far from Turtle Bay, hotel in the distance

look how huge that tree was.. me with my buoy :D

end of the world type of shizzz.
this reminded me of mackenzie park on the big island

good bye cruel world?? i wasn't that close..

No comments:

Post a Comment