Friday, January 14, 2011

Kealia Trail 01/04/11


I did this hike with a sinus infection and severely blistered feet with Keoni. We started on the 7 mile trail at 6:45am and finished at 11am. Thank god that there is the ocean because it's much needed to jump in the water after this grueling hike. Overall, the views of North shore and Makua Valley are very beautiful. If you do this trail to Makua Valley, you HAVE TO bring enough water or you will DIE from heat exhaustion. Not one small bottle of Dasani, you gotta have AT LEAST 1.5 liters/person. After this hike, my feet were effed up and my sinus infection turned into a chest infection. I learned my lesson.

switchback #???? here comes the sun

after the switchbacks there is a picnic table area. we rested here.

after walking up and down on a bullsh*t dirtroad for an hour 1/2..
we reached makua valley... why hello there~

walking the the Makua Valley ridge

No comments:

Post a Comment