Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Moorea 2010













Papeete, Tahiti from the ferry













almost there! cheeeee












mountain along the way to the belvedere













opunohunohu bay





















drinking hinano and eating mahi mahi tahitian style

















teahupo'o coca cola can













chow mein eaten at Mahogany Restaurant.













meadow off the road with some horses cruising












going lagoonarium haha (great place for kids)













snorkeling shot! fish eating algae growing on rope





















hahaha.... moorea <3

I went to Moorea twice during my 5 week vacation in Tahiti and both times were for the weekend. I stayed at Hotel Hibiscus the first trip and they gave a 40% discount because I paid in USD lol. And for my second trip, I stayed at Hotel Kavika which was in Cook's Bay. It's pretty pricey in French Polynesia so a lot of things were outrageously priced. There's a Nelson's Camping Site by Hotel Hibiscus that is pretty affordable (I didn't have a chance to stay there). Nelson's offer little bungalows by the beach (bare amenities and cold showers) for a decent price in comparison to other accommodations. I heard good things.

Anyways, Moorea is definitely the destination to go to if you are in French Polynesia. Although pricey, there's a lot of FREE or close to free things to do such as grabbing a few Hinanos and cruising at the beach, hiking, and the belvedere lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment